Euro stove flue adapters...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hikermick

Nov 30, 2009
ohio
Hi all, I am new to this forum and to wood stoves so I'm hoping one of you can help me out.

I am looking to put a wood stove in my garage and already have installed a 6" chimney. Everything is in from the cap down to the piece that adapts the double wall pipe to the single wall black pipe. The reasoning for this was so most of the work would be done before the snow started to fly while I took my time searching Ebay and Craig's list for a stove. I like the design of some of the European stoves such as Jotul 118 and Morsol 2B because they are small and efficient but the ones I've found for sale don't always come with the flue adapter. The sellers sometimes seem clueless about the adapters so I assume they didn't use the stove in thier homes, maybe just picked em up on job sites or something. My local fireplace shop tells me the newer models are 6" and they don't carry the adapters alone.

My question is does anybody know where I can find adapters for these stoves online? Or should I just give up and settle for another model stove?

Thanks in advance, Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.