Europa 75 combustion fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

axcessadam

Nov 28, 2014
CT
Hey guys, new to the site and pellet stoves. We bought our house in June and with it came a Europa 75 stove. It ran fine until last week when something started rattling and "came apart". I found it to be the squirrel cage for the combustion fan. At the same time this thing "came apart", the motor seemed to have stopped spinning because once it did "come apart", there wasn't any more noise ( I expected pieces of the cage to be thrown around by the rest of the cage that was spinning, but as soon as the cage failed, the motor seemed to have stopped also). Not really noticing that that had happened, I ordered a squirrel cage and installed it. The motor and cage spin freely with no drag but when I start the stove, the combustion fan does not turn on and if I wait for it to go thru the cycle, the augur and convection fan do come on. I want to connect the motor to a 12v supply but there are 4 wires for a sensor?? and 4 wires that are for the motor. All 8 wires come from the motor and plug into the board at two different spots. I was wondering if anybody knew how to connect this directly to a power supply to see if the motor has failed and if anyone knows which wires to test for voltage during startup to see if the motor is getting any power. Thanks alot in advance for any help which is much appreciated.

I would just switch the a and b controller wires. Put the wires from controller a onto controller b and vice versa then just put the stove in start up mode. If the combustion motor doesn't come on, it would likely be that the motor is kaput. The a and b controllers are on the back of the stove and are readily visible once you remove the back panel.

Thanks for the quick reply, I found the issue to be in the back of the motor where the end cap is. Somehow??? one of the wires became bare enough to touch the motor housing causing a short(maybe when the motor jammed?). Not sure how but was able to fix it and have some pellet heat. Again, thanks for the quick help.

Status
Not open for further replies.