European stoves you don't see every day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool thx for posting the pics!

This looks like a TV.......
index.php

Ok my wood burners, here you go. It is at CSA undergoing testing. This unit will be avail as Zero clearance as well as a fireplace insert.

Attachments

• nestor2.jpg
    nestor2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 540
  • nestor1.jpg
    nestor1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 512
Here is another, We have made this one a Gas Unit, as a zero clearance, But it originally wood.
Let me know what you think. We can send this out for testing as wood too.

IFH33

Not related, But this is my Pizza oven, Go ahead,,, be jealous :)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-30 at 10.12.26 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-09-30 at 10.12.26 PM.png
    10 KB · Views: 506
  • Pizza1.jpg
    Pizza1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 514
Fiamma said:
Hi John!, glad to see you here, I was referring to the gas units mostly, The wood burners are small for most peoples homes. but substantial enough for you, As an engineer, you are the affluent :) These stoves have also gone up fairly high since yours, I didn't underestimate the audience. Most want to heat the entire home, where these units can not. For instance. I am the NY CT distributor for Blaze king. 20 and 40 hour burn, for the same price as this small stove. So if you want style and elegance, Nestor is for you. If you want to heat a home, it will be supplemental at best. Just making sure everyone understands its function, without being misleading.
Enjoy the Nestor!, did you get the gasket yet?
rob

Hey Rob,
Yes, I got the gasket yesterday, thanks for your advice.

Your point about BK vs NM is well taken. But not everyone undertakes to heat their entire home from one point within it, especially if it's not all being continually occupied. Zone heating is more efficient, in my opinion, and will become more prevalent as people do the right thing and hyper-insulate their homes and take advantage of solar.

I apologize for praising the X33 functionally, I promise I won't do it again! :cheese:

Like I said before, far be it from me to tell you what to do marketing-wise. But the idea of these nice stoves only being sold on the basis of their looks and upscale coolness misses a key point that allows them to be sold as such - the quality of design and build are superb. If they're being priced out of the range of mere mortals, then that's a different matter...

precaud said:
Fiamma said:
Hi John!, glad to see you here, I was referring to the gas units mostly, The wood burners are small for most peoples homes. but substantial enough for you, As an engineer, you are the affluent :) These stoves have also gone up fairly high since yours, I didn't underestimate the audience. Most want to heat the entire home, where these units can not. For instance. I am the NY CT distributor for Blaze king. 20 and 40 hour burn, for the same price as this small stove. So if you want style and elegance, Nestor is for you. If you want to heat a home, it will be supplemental at best. Just making sure everyone understands its function, without being misleading.
Enjoy the Nestor!, did you get the gasket yet?
rob

Hey Rob,
Yes, I got the gasket yesterday, thanks for your advice.

Your point about BK vs NM is well taken. But not everyone undertakes to heat their entire home from one point within it, especially if it's not all being continually occupied. Zone heating is more efficient, in my opinion, and will become more prevalent as people do the right thing and hyper-insulate their homes and take advantage of solar.

I apologize for praising the X33 functionally, I promise I won't do it again! :cheese:

Like I said before, far be it from me to tell you what to do marketing-wise. But the idea of these nice stoves only being sold on the basis of their looks and upscale coolness misses a key point that allows them to be sold as such - the quality of design and build are superb. If they're being priced out of the range of mere mortals, then that's a different matter...

Actually, with our re-design ( again on gas Models) we have removed, the cast Iron panels, allot less weight, we have replaced the Maxitrol valve, So everyone knows how to fix/ and have parts available. and have made it more minimalist, giving the option of River Rocks and Glass. I'm actually making it easier for us mere mortals to have one by lightening it up quite a bit :)

Hey There John, Here is some new news, Aside from the X33 not even being considered by Nestor Martin, They Discontinued the R33 as well .
But, the same Burn chamber is now in a Full cast Iron model the C33.
Let me Know what you think of this one.

http://fiammafireplaces.com/nestor-martin-c33/

Attachments

• C33.jpg
    C33.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 492
If the wood units have a reasonable BTU output, are relatively efficient, and are not much higher than the $2500 that many of us have paid then these are a go. I really like the look of them.

Thanks for the update. Their nixing the X33 revival doesn't surprise me. The C33 looks good. A wrap-around cast iron facade seems like a lot of trouble to go through but it has clean lines and looks nice against that ratty old brick wall. ;-) (Someone needs to poke their mktg dep't about that one...)

Fiamma, thanks for posting your stoves. They are beautiful. While I am content with my old house and old stove for the moment, I hope someday to upgrade both, and being a modernist at heart, I'm delighted that you offer such stoves.

Hiram Maxim said:
Very cool thx for posting the pics!

This looks like a TV.......

index.php

That would look great were my TV is.

BeGreen said:
LOL. Nor did I know an HDTV could run on wood! Must be the Hearth.com channel.

That first stove looks like a giant iPod running the "fire" app. ;)

Fiamma said:
Hey There John, Here is some new news, Aside from the X33 not even being considered by Nestor Martin, They Discontinued the R33 as well .
But, the same Burn chamber is now in a Full cast Iron model the C33.
Let me Know what you think of this one.

http://fiammafireplaces.com/nestor-martin-c33/

I looked at it, and it's mighty purty.

I also noticed it has a "thermostatic remote control". If true, consider trumpeting that, for Blaze King is the only other manufacturer I know of that currently offers a thermostat on a stove in the US. (Others, please chime in with ones I've missed.)

Many stoves have used bimetallic strips attached to air controls to regulate combustion air, with mixed success, IMO. In the Nestor Martins, the thermostat is in the remote, not on the stove. Different system entirely. I have found it to be of no practical use. I do like the remote control feature though, especially on days like today when my back hurts. With this, I don't have to bend over to adjust the primary air control.

Thanks for posting these. I've never seen nor heard of them before.

Some of them are really nice looking. I think a stove should have looks and performance. Personally I think an old black step top is ugly as is any generic black square stove, but if it pumps out the mega heat, who's to care?

Status
Not open for further replies.