Evel Knievel Cottonwood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

byQ

Minister of Fire
May 12, 2013
Idaho
I was wondering what this thing was. It looks like a ramp.
evelkneivelCW 001.JPG

The snake river and canyon are on the other side of the ramp,
evelkneivelCW 005.JPG evelkneivelCW 004.JPG

This is where Evel tried to jump the canyon using some sort of rocket thing. Anyways, the owner gave me the ok to cut up some of the dead trees. I thought it was elm but it turned out to be cottonwood (a btu is a btu).
evelkneivelCW 002.JPG evelkneivelCW 008.JPG

I got a good load and none of the rounds jumped off or over the trailer!
mh-door 001.JPG mh-door 002.JPG

Reactions: Soundchasm
I read as the pioneers crossed the Great Plains in search of gold out west the cottonwoods were the only trees they would see for miles without seeing anything and the trees usually indicated water was nearby. They got a brief respite under the shade before traveling on. I read they fed their horses the inner bark to help keep the horses hydrated.

Now. how about a PIC of your truck and trailer :cool:perched precariously at the top edge of that RAMP.

Don't forget your cape.

Now. how about a PIC of your truck and trailer :cool:perched precariously at the top edge of that RAMP.
I would go up there on top but they put concrete barriers up - I wonder why? Someone, maybe drunk, probably thought it was a road leading somewhere. Hopefully someone thought something like someone driving off the ramp could happen and put the barriers up before someone drove off the ramp.

Ya need the other piece. For firewood.

eklaunch.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.