Ever burn out the igniter on your CB 1200 ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey was just wondering how long these last in this particular stove ......so the question is....how old is your CB 1200 and how many igniter(s) have you gone through so far?? Am wondering if I should stalk up with a backup now. ....thanks....cc.

CC, Not really necessary to have the igniter on hand. You can get by with some gel, hand sanitizer or a torch. Try to use lower settings so the stove just runs continues. I would check with the local dealer and see what the lead time is on a replacement. If its a very long time then I might get one to keep on hand.

My old Quad still has it's original in it. 1994 vintage!

Second season but have had less than a year on my CB 1200I with no problems. Warrenty from Manufacturer is 2 years parts and labor on the ingiter so I don't expect to have any problems. Looks like any easy replacement and if you purchased from a good dealer, I expect that they would have them in stock.

jtakeman said:

Thanks Jay & marbleguy.......yes burning as low as possible to just produce enough heat to be below the set point of the thermostat in these warm temps is a challenge for sure.....

.....had mine now one year only but didn't know they even made the cb 1200 back in 1994....wow!..... wonder if any other folks on here have had them 'that long' and had any breakdowns ... igniter or otherwise...... cc :)

CanadaClinker said:
jtakeman said:

Thanks Jay & marbleguy.......yes burning as low as possible to just produce enough heat to be below the set point of the thermostat in these warm temps is a challenge for sure.....

.....had mine now one year only but didn't know they even made the cb 1200 back in 1994....wow!..... wonder if any other folks on here have had them 'that long' and had any breakdowns ... igniter or otherwise...... cc :)

I don't think they did. Its a Nova 800 similar igniter and burnpot to the cb 1200 though.

Wood Heat Stoves said:
we sell a ton of these ignitors.....hard to keep on the shelf this time of year.

...........thanks Dave….... I saw on one site that was selling them: ‘Replacement loop igniter for Quadrafire 800, 1000, 1100I and 1200 pellet stoves’.......... which tells me that there are different models that use them….. I think from reading on here that even some stoves, because of their design, need to be modified to make the igniter last longer….... that being said, wonder how many of those you sold went to just 1200 owners?? ...... cc.

jtakeman said:
CanadaClinker said:
jtakeman said:

I don't think they did. Its a Nova 800 similar igniter and burnpot to the cb 1200 though.

... get what you mean Jay...thanks.... didn't realize till recently that other models use the same igniter........ cc :)

Wood Heat Stoves said:
pretty much same burn pot 800 1000 1200
same ignitors, different length wires...

1994 vintage, still have ceramic pot and ingitor??

No it was replaced by quad to the cast pot. Original owner said ceramic cracked and quad changed it in the second year of service. This igniter has been in service since 1997 and still works just fine. I have been running the stove since 1999 and have not changed anything but the 120ºF snap disc that controls the convection fan. Very dependable little stove. It has been reduced to a back up stove since last Febuary. I kept it just in case I needed to assist the Omega. But the Omega handles the whole house. Looks like its destined to be parted out on ebay someday.

.......well I'm quite pleased that there aren't a lot of folks chiming in with 'I replaced this and I replaced that' on this stove........ I can see now that my dealer had the same one in his own home for a good reason (that was one of the main reason's I bought it, not knowing much at the time about pellet stoves and pellets) ....... I guess I will not order a spare igniter just yet! ......... cc :)

You bought the right stove, easy to clean and simple to operate. It does not have a control panel like a NASA shuttle.

We just bought our cb 1200 really like it. so if I put the stove on low and let it run longer will i use the same amounts of pellets as on high and let it cycle on and off? Have not tried to regulate house does cool off a little prior to relight.

Welcome again steamer..... we run ours on low and try to keep the temp as close to and just under the thermostat trip temp so that it doesn't start up and shut off as much.... that lets us view the fire more and makes the igniter come on less often hopefully saving us the added hydro $$ cost from the igniter. Last January when it was down to -40 C, we had it on medium and high a few times.... kept us nice and toasty..... cc :) (oh...this is the thread I referred to)

Status
Not open for further replies.