Ever get one of those red oaks...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flatbed, That's a big job getting that off the ground for bucking. You can only roll the rounds to the splitter. And as Dennis a I know the only way to split those is with a splitter that can be turned vertical. Good thing it's red oak it splits like butter. I did 4 that size a few years ago. Took me a Dad all summer. But like you said, 1 round is a weekend.

Pagey, I'm not a photographer by any means, but I bet you'd win a prize for your wood shed pics alone! That's awesome!!!

olsonbri said:
Pagey, I'm not a photographer by any means, but I bet you'd win a prize for your wood shed pics alone! That's awesome!!!

I usually take all my shots with the wife's Nikon D50. I've yet to see it make a poor photo, and I am a total photography n00b.

xman23 said:
Flatbed, That's a big job getting that off the ground for bucking. You can only roll the rounds to the splitter. And as Dennis a I know the only way to split those is with a splitter that can be turned vertical. Good thing it's red oak it splits like butter. I did 4 that size a few years ago. Took me a Dad all summer. But like you said, 1 round is a weekend.

No hydro for me. Fiskars.

Sorry about the hijack.

Status
Not open for further replies.