Ever heard of this chainsaw?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
Craigslist posting...

This is a NEW chainsaw that I have never used.

SHINDIAWA 757 MAGNUM - 74cc - 5.4hp

It was $879.99 plus TAX $62.40 = $942.39

SACRAFICE $575

More Powerful than STIHL MS440 HUSQVARNA 372xp JONSERED CS-2171 MAKITA 6421

To the person who has been flagging this listing please STOP. This is a legal ad as I am not a dealer. This is my personal chainsaw bought NEW and NEVER used. It is in NEW condition as the day I bought it NEW.

Shindiawa Chainsaw.jpg

Shins are good saws. That's not too bad of a deal. Are you thinking of buying?

See some discussion on AS now and then. They are pretty good saws, as I recall.

I had an excavator guy who owned a few, he said they were good professional saws. I am more concerned about where you can have them serviced.

Local OPE dealer/saw shop sold them in the mid 90's.Pretty reliable from what I've heard.

Thats a great price for 75 cc saw, shindaiwa makes some great landscaping equipment. Ive never run there saw's thou.
Not sure if it's better then a ms440 or 372 xp. hese are 2 tried and true performers

+1 with John Boy. I recognize the name with landscaping tools but can't say I ever saw a CS by them. I like my husky

No, not thinking of buying. Just saw them on CL and thought I'd ask about em.

I wouldnt give two rats a$$ cents for a Shindiawa saw! I have a 488 and its the biggest piece of junk of the (6) I have. I have an old Mac 10-10 that I will use before this junk. You want a real saw, get a Stihl MS460.

Craig

I wouldnt give two rats a$$ cents for a Shindiawa saw! I have a 488 and its the biggest piece of junk of the (6) I have. I have an old Mac 10-10 that I will use before this junk. You want a real saw, get a Stihl MS460.

Craig
Tell us how you really feel. :p

What is that growing off the cover in front of the back handle a tumor??

Yep. Wouldn't matter how well it cut or lasted. That saw is butt ugly.

Reactions: rkshed
Yep. Wouldn't matter how well it cut or lasted. That saw is butt ugly.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing.
If it were a hooker, she'd starve to death!

It's a pro grade saw that gets a bad name for looking like it belongs in a little car during the thanksgiving parade

That ad has been in many places. My guess is that is a knockoff. Don't know why someone would imitate a Shindaiwa or whatever it is, but he claims to be a private seller and has been pushing this saw for months.

It's no knockoff (judging by the picture)..... it may be a scam if its been posted all over craigslist however.

Status
Not open for further replies.