Ever seen one of these? A Weso ceramic stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tickbitty

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2008
VA
This is on CL - I think it's pretty! Not what I am looking for but I googled it anyway out of curiosity and there is hardly ANY info on these stoves (East German maker?) out there. They are cast iron and ceramic tile stoves. Must be impossible to get replacement parts for them? It appears to be on the EPA list, and also looks like it has insanely small clearances?
http://easternshore.craigslist.org/for/1423261222.html
3k13od3l95Td5Qa5P19af8b17311f4ca01ba8.jpg

3n03of3lb5Of5Qf5R29af8d4385a8a1b511a5.jpg

These were imported from West Germany by one of my classmate's parents in the late 1970's and early to mid 1980's. They are cast iron with a thick ceramic kachel type cladding, very even radiant heat which is the reason the company was called Ceramic Radiant Heat/ I think that model was actually one of the last ones to come over and was an attempt at meeting the early EPA requirements. The earlier ones were wood/coal units, (great with coal). I think you actually still can get parts for them.

Very nice looking indeed. And it appears to be in nice shape.

Yeah, I wish it was a little closer so I could take a look at it. That stove looks like it would be perfect for a room we have on our second floor that's begging for a stove!

Oh what the hell, I'll contact them... :lol:

You know, I looked at the picture when Tickbitty's post first appeared and I think that's a great looking stove. Very unusual.

Fun to know some background on the company and what they are/were? all about.

As for the price, well... cash is king. As the husband always says, "run the flag up the pole and see who salutes". ;)

As for the price, well… cash is king. As the husband always says, “run the flag up the pole and see who salutes”.

You sure you husband is talking about money there? ;-)

Usually. But not always. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.