EveryBody Loves My Wood Pellet Stove!!!! How are people reacting to yours?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

www_godzilla

Oct 24, 2008
Portland,Maine
Since I have installed my Quadrafire Sante Fe wood pellet stove. I have had more company over my house. Here in Portland there isn't a whole lot of fireplaces that are being used. This city is almost 400 years old and the homes that have fireplaces don't us them for various reasons. I have had so people who come here to sit by the fire and mingle. It's awesome what a fire does to people. I completely refinished the room from top to bottom. Made a beautiful hearth. Painted the room. Put valances over the windows instead of curtains. I bought 2 rocking recliners from LazyBoy. I bought a Sony KDL32XBR6 today for $879. Lets see....what else? ANYWAYS.....the wood pellet stove has been a blessing to the neighbors and my relatives. Who wood have thunk it??? I purposely spelled would with a wood!!!! Just in spirit.

WTH is a KDL32XBR6??

I think the sony is a new flat screen TV, People love my pellet stove.

I have a video of my pellet stove ruinning on my big screen tv.... makes it look bigger...

Maine is almost 400yrs but Portland was established in 1786...He ALMOST got it right...
My state 1624..my city 1788..and I have The Erie Canal a few feet behind me..anyone else got yrs for there cities?

Let's see.....1st....Valance is a like a small curtain that is at the top of your window. This will allow for some color around the window,without having any combustible material around the stove. 2nd...Sony KDL32XBR6 is a HDTV. 3rd....Portland's 1st residence were here in 1624 according to historians. Although most of the city did burn onetime during the mid 1800s from an Indian attack. OH...The HDTV is for watching the Boston Red Sox win the American League East,then the American League Pennet and then the World Series !!!!

Thank you for teaching me what a valence is.

According to Wiki, Schenectady was first settled around 1661, we had our very own massacre in 1690.

Matt

Kinsman is still not incorporated but they voted on Sunday sale of beer a couple years ago and it passed. Look at that progress.

Eric

EatenByLimestone said:
So beer is on sale every Sunday?!? SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

Coming from a fella that has an avatar with a beer in hand. YOU ROCK!

Cheers
Eric

www_godzilla said:
Since I have installed my Quadrafire Sante
Fe wood pellet stove. I have had more company over my house. ..... I have had so people who
come here to sit by the fire and mingle. It's awesome what a fire does to people. ......

Sounds great I'm in! Put me down for Sat. night...OH, and I like Sam Adams
Brown Ale, Cream Stout, or Guinness Extra Stout this time of year just in
case you need to go shopping. ;-P

Actually yeah, a pellet stove is a huge conversation piece I think because not everyone
has seen one. My chinese food delivery guy loves coming here in the winter.
First thing he asks me is if he can stand in front of the stove for a minute.

For some reason Sam Adams Boston Lager tastes aweful good while I sit quietly in front of the wood pellet stove. Imagine that???? LOL

New flatscreen, new lazyboy, beer...
sounds like a party! I am in!

zeta said:
www_godzilla said:
Since I have installed my Quadrafire Sante
Fe wood pellet stove. I have had more company over my house. ..... I have had so people who
come here to sit by the fire and mingle. It's awesome what a fire does to people. ......

case you need to go shopping. ;-P

Actually yeah, a pellet stove is a huge conversation piece I think because not everyone
has seen one. My chinese food delivery guy loves coming here in the winter.
First thing he asks me is if he can stand in front of the stove for a minute.

Saturday night? Sam Adams and pellet stove. Nice way to spend Valentines Day. ;)

We laugh. Everyone walks in & stands in front of our stove too. LOL

HarmanP68 said:
Maine is almost 400yrs but Portland was established in 1786...He ALMOST got it right...
My state 1624..my city 1788..and I have The Erie Canal a few feet behind me..anyone else got yrs for there cities?

Portland history from wikipedia, note the area that is known today as Portland, Maine has actually had different names and been part of other towns.

The peninsula was first permanently settled in 1633 as a fishing and trading village named Casco. When the Massachusetts took over Casco Bay in 1658, the town's name changed again to Falmouth. In 1676, the village was destroyed by the Abenakis during King Philip's War. It was rebuilt, then destroyed again in 1690. On October 18, 1775, Falmouth was bombarded in the Revolution by the Royal Navy under command of Captain Henry Mowat.[7]
Longfellow Square in c. 1906

Following the war, a section of Falmouth called The Neck developed as a commercial port and began to grow rapidly as a shipping center. In 1786, the citizens of Falmouth formed a separate town in Falmouth Neck and named it Portland.

I had some neighbors over and when they seen the stove i thought i saw one of them touching themselve in a bad spot....... :lol:

[quote author="zeta" date="1234214148]

case you need to go shopping. ;-P [/quote]
zeta, You have good taste in Beer! Let me know when your having a party. jk :)

I have an Omega: My wife says -Ohhhhh its so HUGE!!!

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.