Everyone ready for snowstorm Draco?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfarm

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2012
wisconsin
Midwest folks?

We have 15 bags of pellets stacked on the front porch under a tarp for easy reach.

getting 2 used tires put on the front of my truck today after work.

180# of sandbags in the back of my truck.

Looks like its going to my south. Might make a run to Menards to get a couple tons of Indeck pellets for 3.49 a bag

....have not heard of any winter storm bad enough to be named coming this way?

I can't wait until I start hearing the weather folks start talking about Nor'easter Maureen. Everybody will be walking aroung going huh? WTF they talking bout?

Ridiculous. These are not Tropical storms or Hurricanes. Snow Storms happen over the vast majority of the United States. How many names will there be? How many times a year will it cycle through the alphabet?

But be prepared.... Always be prepared :)

Had 7" of snow Sunday into Monday, had rain today, next up a skating rink. Some parts of the state got over 2'. More stuff on the way. Winter fast approaching, fun will be had by all.

3" of flurries yesterday with 12-18 tonight into tomorrow. Pellets are all inside where the missus can reach em'.
The grader is fueled up chains on, I will be seeing you folks about Sunday afternoon. Do your plow driver a favor STAY HOME and tend your fire.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Sounds like mostly rain in my area. Maybe a couple inches of snow Friday. Who knows. Only time will tell.

This whole weather channel naming storms idea is ridiculous. What's next, naming thunderstorms and tornadoes? I saw a NWS bulletin not long after TWC started naming winter storms that said something to the effect of 'the NWS does not name winter storms, refrain from using TWC names in your forecasts'. Or something to that effect.

Sounds like another waste of $$$$. Impact of storm will be in holiday sales. Good for tire sales and body shops. Oops, another reason for my insurance to go up because someone has to go to the mall and wreck the car.

I've got a date today with the tire shop to get the snow tires on wife's car (General Altimax Arctic). I'm ready to roll on a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta Qs. I've got a 40-mile commute into Milwaukee -- the right tires are a complete game changer.

Had 7" of snow Sunday into Monday, had rain today, next up a skating rink. Some parts of the state got over 2'. More stuff on the way. Winter fast approaching, fun will be had by all.

very wet and heavy. yuk.

Not that this should affect us that much, but I was shopping around for Hakka 7 studded tires. Apparently Sandy affected the shipments of tires from Finland somehow, and they won't be here 'til the second week in January. The Michelin X-Ices are aggressive enough for me to get up the hill at times.

Not that this should affect us that much, but I was shopping around for Hakka 7 studded tires. Apparently Sandy affected the shipments of tires from Finland somehow, and they won't be here 'til the second week in January. The Michelin X-Ices are aggressive enough for me to get up the hill at times.
The last set of Nokians I bought were made in China. It cooled my enthusiasm for them a bit. The Generals are studdable, but studs are verboten in Wisconsin. Still, they do pretty well without.

Just to get back on topic, I've got a ton of Uncle Jed's softwoods in the basement. Let it snow!

3" of flurries yesterday with 12-18 tonight into tomorrow. Pellets are all inside where the missus can reach em'.
The grader is fueled up chains on, I will be seeing you folks about Sunday afternoon. Do your plow driver a favor STAY HOME and tend your fire.

what are you running for a grader ???

i,m a grader guy from way back....currently running a JD772

that the little storm that blew thru us with 60 mph winds and heavy rain and mountian snow. was a typical winter storm for us in Washington lol A named twinky storm how dumb. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.