Everyone ready to go?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
Enjoying the cooler weather as Sept is coming to a close. I just had my pellets delivered last week and went with lacretes this year (still have one ton of blazers left from last year to). Also have a full tank of oil ready for use. I will be burning this year for sure and also using some oil as it's still cheap. Not looking forward to the winter by any means but it's good to know I don't have to worry about staying warm when it comes. Is everyone ready to go yet?

Enjoying the cooler weather as Sept is coming to a close. I just had my pellets delivered last week and went with lacretes this year (still have one ton of blazers left from last year to). Also have a full tank of oil ready for use. I will be burning this year for sure and also using some oil as it's still cheap. Not looking forward to the winter by any means but it's good to know I don't have to worry about staying warm when it comes. Is everyone ready to go yet?

Sure, I'm ready. Where do you live, and what time do you want us all there?

I hope you have lots of food and beer. I hear it's going to be a long winter....

Reactions: JRA
I was ready in May when my 3 ton of Cleanfires arrived for delivery :)

I was ready even before Cory - the 4 additional tons delivered in May won't be gotten to until next season (if I have to go more than 8 tons - we are definitely entering a new Ice Age and everyone will need to panic !!!. The main floor stove, P43, has been thermostat controlled for the last week and it has burned regularly the last two nights.

I did my final cleaning for the P61a exhaust - I got a soot eater a couple of weeks ago and ran that thru yesterday. The LBT has done pretty good and I wasn't worried about the exhaust, but the soot eater that last little bit off the sides so it is shiny clean. Conducted a test burn yesterday afternoon and all is good.

Not ready. Never did a final cleaning in spring (heck, stove hasn't been cleaned since March). Didn't close it up either. Just been sitting there full of pellets. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will get it ready.

As for pellets, I have 1.5 tons in the shed in the back, so I only need 1.5 tons more to get through the winter. I figure I'll buy them locally in small increments when I find myself at HD or Lowes.

Going to put the pipe back on the Harman today and probably fire it to get the basement up to a decent temp to do some fall cleaning. It takes about 4 hours to get the slab up to temp. Never got around to getting the feed wheel motor replaced on the Bixby and with propain being so cheap probably won't put it to high on the to do list even with corn prices being low. They are already starting to harvest corn but its probably high moisture going to a distiller.

Reactions: bogieb
Ready every way except mentally. Just turned off the A/C a couple of days ago!

I did the flu cleaning back in early august and received my pellets 2 weeks ago. Around here, they are sold 1.5 ton per pallet and this is what I purchased. I still have like 15 bags from last years.

Shoulder season is done by a mix of electric baseboard and split heat pump.

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.