Everything Drolet Tundra - Heatmax...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Dave its an ICM low ambient controller. you can see youtube vids of it. the only thing you would need to do is replace the resister With one that would put you in your temp ranges. Although the one that comes with it may be close enough.

Hmm, interesting. Looks like the ICM325HN or 326HN could work. Where can I find for $40? best internet price is just under $100...

For $40 I want to play :)

I am having crap luck lately. I look up tonight at the baffle up top and its cracked in half.:rolleyes:
May be operator error seeing how last night I tried fitting a 6" round in a 4" hole. Good news is I go it in.:p

I was able to get the plenum built last night, unfortunately it took all of my spare time to build it. I was really regretting making it out of 0.029 304 stainless. My little break at home did not want to bend it with out persuasion. Sunday should be the day I'm able to set it on top of the Tundra and connected to the duct work.

I was able to get the plenum built last night, unfortunately it took all of my spare time to build it. I was really regretting making it out of 0.029 304 stainless. My little break at home did not want to bend it with out persuasion. Sunday should be the day I'm able to set it on top of the Tundra and connected to the duct work.
You just gonna set it on the existing top...open all the holes up?

Update on warranty, until things are settled all I will say for now is it looks like I will not be an " owning " member on this particular thread.;)

Sounds a lil pricey.
Will you be putting any deflectors in the back to keep the air from "short circuiting"?
That's one thing I see on the Caddy, we do not have a deflector at the rear of the furnace. There's a decent gap where the air just seems to bypass the firebox at the back. If one is placed there on the tundra, I'll be curious where the temps come in at.

That's one thing I see on the Caddy, we do not have a deflector at the rear of the furnace. There's a decent gap where the air just seems to bypass the firebox at the back. If one is placed there on the tundra, I'll be curious where the temps come in at.
The new Caddy I looked at on the showroom floor had a little "wing" under the center HE pipe, behind the firebox

I was really regretting making it out of 0.029 304 stainless.

Curious why you chose stainless? Maybe it's just what was lying around? Plain old 26-30 ga galvanized works well for me.

Reactions: TheBigIron
it looks like I will not be an " owning " member on this particular thread.

Ok I'm dense. You mean yours is getting warrantied so you are keeping a unit that you don't officially own one anymore, or you are so fed up you are buying something different? Seen it both ways.

Reactions: STIHLY DAN
Going to look at a new one?
I should. I'm going to put a deflector in the jacket to see if there's a difference. Don't know how much room there is to get in there.

Ok I'm dense. You mean yours is getting warrantied so you are keeping a unit that you don't officially own one anymore, or you are so fed up you are buying something different? Seen it both ways.
Don't think i get to keep it. Now i need to figure out if i leave all you guys behind and go into the really unknown world of the heapro.:oops:

Now i need to figure out if i leave all you guys behind and go into the really unknown world of the Tundra II.:oops:
Fixed it for ya ::-)

Hey @Builderml , I emailed SBI again and asked about a "competent person" putting the Tundra II plenum and speed control on a old Tundra...they said "nope, won't work"...I say "wanna bet?!" ;)

Don't think i get to keep it. Now i need to figure out if i leave all you guys behind and go into the really unknown world of the heapro.:oops:

I'd be on the heatpro like flies on stink. A 5 cuft clean burner with a 1900 cfm modulating blower. Not only would you gain the burntimes, but the overall output. The furnace wouldn't need to work as hard as the Tundra.

Reactions: Highbeam
Don't think i get to keep it. Now i need to figure out if i leave all you guys behind and go into the really unknown world of the heapro.

Man, that's even worse, having you pull out your unit. Even though I don't know how long I'm keeping mine (how long it will last), at least I can replace it on my own timeline. The heatpro does sound quite intriguing, but at this point personally I'm going to wait and see if something can prove itself. Otherwise, I'd see if I couldn't try to talk SBI into giving me a discount on a Caddy or Max Caddy, due to all the hassle you've been through. Sounds legit to me. Although SBI didn't seem to think so when I asked that last year when I had cracking... ;hm

Hey @Builderml , I emailed SBI again and asked about a "competent person" putting the Tundra II plenum and speed control on a old Tundra...they said "nope, won't work"...I say "wanna bet?!" ;)
I told you you were gonna supercharge yours.;lol. What the heck is up with " nope won't work" isn't that the only real difference. I guess there's won't work either.

Man, that's even worse, having you pull out your unit. Even though I don't know how long I'm keeping mine (how long it will last), at least I can replace it on my own timeline. The heatpro does sound quite intriguing, but at this point personally I'm going to wait and see if something can prove itself. Otherwise, I'd see if I couldn't try to talk SBI into giving me a discount on a Caddy or Max Caddy, due to all the hassle you've been through. Sounds legit to me. Although SBI didn't seem to think so when I asked that last year when I had cracking... ;hm
I'm OK with going to the heatpro, the only thing that stinks now is the $1000 I have into the existing Ductwork for the tundra. Before I do even think of purchasing a heatpro I want in writing that you are not limited to just using the 6" supplies they have.