Everything's Cool..............

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodMann

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2008
New Mexico
Well folks- all good here now. It always was really, I just had to get up to speed being new to having a woodstove and all. The stove pipe is double walled, so I've concluded a seemingly low reading of 250* is actually good, no problemswith a clean chimney. I also run routinely now at 500- 550* in the box. Guess my biggest fear was the exposed wood beam ceiling and the close, 10 inch proximity to the collar. All these ocncerns have been put to rest now and I'm sittin' pretty, and cozy..........

Good to hear that all is well. Just don't get to complacent with your wood burning. It's not like just turning up the thermostat. The chance of fire is always present. Burn smart, be safe and stay alert. Keep those fire and Co alarms working, have a plan and enjoy the wood burning experience.

Yeah- I have a fire extinguisher at the ready, and I periodically go out and look at the stack. SO all I hafta do now is cut the wood...........

^good attitude...I think it was George Washington that said... "fire, while a good servant can be a cruel master'...or something like that. Never take it for granted.

savageactor7 said:
^good attitude...I think it was George Washington that said... "fire, while a good servant can be a cruel master'...or something like that. Never take it for granted.

It may have been Benny; he was into fire protection and fire depts.

Status
Not open for further replies.