Excel sheet use?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Craft

Jul 2, 2012
Nome, Alaska
do any of you keep track of what you use bag wise? If you do use one do you mind sending me a copy? I was going to start something but wanted to ask here since you are all the experts. I was thinking of keeping track of how many bags I use and how much fuel I use each month to compare it to before I got the stove put in. any help in advance is appreciated. Thanks Jay

A spreadsheet would be helpful but meanwhile there is a simple manual method I use. I just start with the number of bags I have at the start of the burning season, recount every month, subtract and there's my monthly usage. For cost, I multiply by ton. At the end of the season, I can get a very accurate cost. To track and compare non-pellet fuel is of course a little more complicated.

Started a pellet tally in Excel. It's color-coordinated for brand of pellet and month. Pretty basic, and can be modified to your specs. Unfortunately, I can't get it attached to this post. It's not a 'file', just an Excel doc on my desktop. Any ideas on how to upload an Excel doc? I'd be happy to share it.

do any of you keep track of what you use bag wise? If you do use one do you mind sending me a copy? I was going to start something but wanted to ask here since you are all the experts. I was thinking of keeping track of how many bags I use and how much fuel I use each month to compare it to before I got the stove put in. any help in advance is appreciated. Thanks Jay
Yes, I have one and will send it over.

Got Excel into pdf format. It split it into 2 pages, but you'll get the idea. I'm using 5 hashmarks to each cell; 50 hashmarks (one ton) fit each line.

Attachments

• pellet tally pdf.pdf
    66.5 KB · Views: 273
I would like to see other Spreadsheets also to gain ideas on what I can add to mine.

Will try to upload spreadsheet with this post. <---Unable to upload .xls

Bill

Why do you need to keep close track like that?
Last year I bought three tons of pellets, now it's all gone, it must have gone through the stove!

That's a close enough tally for me!

Dave

Reactions: Eatonpcat
I would like to see other Spreadsheets also to gain ideas on what I can add to mine.

Will try to upload spreadsheet with this post. <---Unable to upload .xls

Bill
Bill, save it as a PDF file. Then it will upload.

Attachments

• Fuel Oil Consumption.pdf
    183.9 KB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.