Exception for the Black Locust!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillLion

Minister of Fire
Sep 4, 2013
Greater Hartford, CT
I have agreed to my wife's reasonable request to not take any more free firewood until I get caught up with processing.

However, I saw this on the way home from work today:

ga3ujege.jpg

After showing her how fast a split of BL helped start a fire she agreed I should go back and get it tonight! :)

Lucky Bastich!

Black Locust... Wife... Black Locust... Wife... Hmm? Give me a minute.

Reactions: Snigg
Count me among the Black Locust fetishists: always room for more of that, and I kind of hate to actually burn it: I'd rather just admire the stacks and think, "this will still be primo firewood long after I'm not around to burn it!" Hope somebody does eventually burn it, tho... better make up a will.

Reactions: BillLion
I have agreed to my wife's reasonable request to not take any more free firewood until I get caught up with processing.

ga3ujege.jpg

After showing her how fast a split of BL helped start a fire she agreed I should go back and get it tonight! :)

I think BL has 2 times the value of other average hardwoods for me.

Guys, this is simple. Just wait till the cloak of darkness to unload the truck. Or wait till shes at work.
Dont think for one minute she reports all her spending to you all. Cause she dont. Things might sit in the trunk of the car for weeks, waiting. lol.

Straight from one horse's mouth.

ga3ujege.jpg

Its worth a night on the couch. :)

You guys are hilarious!

My wife is awesome so it isn't worth a divorce, but as teutonicking said, BL is probably worth a night on the couch!

BTW: It's tempting because the power company is cutting down all kinds of trees now, so I pass tons of BTUs on my drive home. I can resist most, but the BL calls my name...

BL is the best wood I know of where I live.

Only ever had BL here and there until this year, where it's 90% of what I have to burn. Because of the way I need to rotate the wood, it's getting burned, can't save it for special cold weather.

So far, only thing I can say is I'm very happy with the way it burns but look out for the sparks!

Status
Not open for further replies.