Excuse me if this has been discussed Harman Accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nhepona

Dec 30, 2017
New Hampshire
I would normally take the time and read thru threads .. But it's -1 and I've been without stove for weeks and my patience is wearing thin.Harman Accentra 2 ....12 years old Did Fall cleaning and ran for a couple weeks and has not since.Ran test and auger failed to move bypassed differential switch and the auger turned. Replaced the switch and it failed to turn. Bypassed the new switch and it ran... Okay so a bad switch from company isn't unheard of. Replaced the new switch with a newer switch and did another complete cleaning. Found a loose screw on front glass and tightened it down.. So to my question ...if you know the stove is clean,and your gaskets are ,while not new but serviceable,you have a new diff.switch what is next in line to check? Thanks in advance for any help

Check the venting all the way up and out. Check all the passages in the stove too. Make sure the combustion blower is running at full speed.

Sounds like poor vacuum.Try blowing through the hose from the switch end,then,turn stove to test,see if is enough vacuum to hold a piece of paper on the end of the hose.Double check your fines cover is on properly,and is no dirt trapped on the gasket edge.

Sounds like poor vacuum.Try blowing through the hose from the switch end,then,turn stove to test,see if is enough vacuum to hold a piece of paper on the end of the hose.Double check your fines cover is on properly,and is no dirt trapped on the gasket edge.
Done the blowing thru hose ..on several occasions. Will try paper trick in morning.Have checked and rechecked the gaskets.Everything I've done I've circled around and redone at least once.That includes cleaning the chimney.

have you removed the combustion blower and bench tested? impellers good? it may run but it might not be doing anything while running:)

have you removed the combustion blower and bench tested? impellers good? it may run but it might not be doing anything while running:)
No, as everything has pointed towards a vacuum/pressure issue..In test mode it shows that combustion motor is running fine.Of course I know that the test mode is not as accurate as a bench test.

the combustion motor creates the vacuum. id check the impeller

;)

Its -28 here right now been brutal

Don't. Let your question fly. Just post and let the almighty get their undies bunched and crunched in their tighty whities. They'll get over it.
So replaced combustion motor...old one clearly faulty even tho in test mode it failed to show issue....auger still fails to turn..Before when vacuum switch by passed it turned .Now it fails to turn with it by passed...cleaning out hopper to vacuum chute to see if it's full of something it shouldn't be.Whats the chances auger motor died at same time as combo motor...

So is jammed,or motor is weak.you can take off chain drive and try,unless yours is newer and does not have chain drive.

Don't throw away your old combustion motor,yet.On the older Harman motors,the bearings can be replaced.Also,because I was wondering,did some tests on mine,in Test mode,stove was shut down,but still warm,comb.fan still running,in cool down mode,and in Test mode it did strange things,lol.When totally cold/shut down,it was fine,per the manual.So I have to assume when the esp is still warm,it affects test mode.

Don't throw away your old combustion motor,yet.On the older Harman motors,the bearings can be replaced.Also,because I was wondering,did some tests on mine,in Test mode,stove was shut down,but still warm,comb.fan still running,in cool down mode,and in Test mode it did strange things,lol.When totally cold/shut down,it was fine,per the manual.So I have to assume when the esp is still warm,it affects test mode.
I don't throw anything away...I've watched American Pickers ...Replaced auger motor and it's running fine...so I'll have to assume since it is a 12 year old stove both motors quit at same time or one dragged the other down with it.The combustion motor was only 6 or 7 years old but hey things break.Thanks for everybody's input.