exhaust blower gasket replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all this forum looks great. I'm new to the pellet world, but I am excited to dive in.

I've just purchased a house with a Winston WP-24 Pellet stove. The stove needs a new exhaust blower which I have ordered form amazon. The gasket looks like it should be replaced, and I can't seem to find these for sale anywhere, and Winston is apparently out of business. Can you make these gaskets yourself by cutting them out of sheets of gasket material like you can with car gaskets?

Thanks

Winstonator said:
First of all this forum looks great. I'm new to the pellet world, but I am excited to dive in.

I've just purchased a house with a Winston WP-24 Pellet stove. The stove needs a new exhaust blower which I have ordered form amazon. The gasket looks like it should be replaced, and I can't seem to find these for sale anywhere, and Winston is apparently out of business. Can you make these gaskets yourself by cutting them out of sheets of gasket material like you can with car gaskets?

Thanks

These could be old but it's worth a try.

Winston Pellet Stoves
Dick Leonis - ph: 714.991.4241, fax: 714.991.7629 He has all the drawings and parts list from 1986-1992.
Edwards & Sons - Lucie - ph: 540.249.4241 Purchased all parts from Winston

Winston Pellet Stoves#2
Some Parts are available from Marcom Industries Telephone # is 1-724-832-0140

Zap

Hey Winstonator, welcome to the forum. Glad you could join our little family we have here.

Post a picture once you get this stove going again. We'd like to see it.

Again welcome and enjoy your stay!

jay

Winstonator said:

Thanks
From what ive seen most exhaust blowers come with the gasket if its a direct fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.