Exhaust Blower Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

Feeling the Heat
Feb 4, 2014
Sudbury, ON, Canada
Do they make a universal exhaust blower gasket? My part number is PU-CBG, but I doubt other than ordering online, my local stove shop won't carry it.

*cough* Mike *cough*

It's an Englander.

They sell do it yourself Gaskets at auto parts stores or you can just run a bead of rtv silicone

Reactions: Owen1508
Any good hvac shop should have a matted glass gasket material that will work just fine. Least wise that's where I got a small sheet from and made my own.

Reactions: Owen1508
Local stove shop had a brand new gasket.... attached to the housing. Going to try and delicately pull it off. Should be fun.

That's why I replaced mine it did not come apart in one piece, some on the blower some on the mount.

That's why I replaced mine it did not come apart in one piece, some on the blower some on the mount.

That's exactly what happened to me. Shop had a brand new gasket never used, glued to other housing. Managed to very slowly get it off and attached to my blower. Don't want to do that again. Apparently that is something I should stock up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.