1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Exhaust blower propeller

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by skibladerj, May 23, 2013.

1. skibladerj

skibladerj Member

Loc:
    North of Scranton
    Hello everyone,
    While I was cleaning my stove I noticed that one of the fins on my exhaust blower was snapped off. I don't know if was from me or if it was broken before. None the less it is snapped off. My question is does anyone know if i can get a new propeller? Or do I need to replace the entire blower assembly?

Pellet stove is a us stove 5500M
    Blower part number is 80473
    info on the blower: 2013-05-23_06-10-36_772.jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    You are looking for an "impeller" not propeller. The fins of the blades actually pull air as opposed to pushing it. There are 3 or 4 different styles out there, post a pic of what you have and measure the diameter of the motor shaft and I'll source you one. Motor should still be good given that you can get the old impeller blade off. Sometimes after a lot of use the set screw for the impeller becomes frozen in place. Hit it with PB Blaster and let set for a couple of hours. Place the right fitting into the screw (it will either be a 5/32 or 1/8 allen hex head or a torx 15 or 20) and then whack it with a hammer to impact the threads..if it will come out it should start to turn. Additionally, you can put a torch to the impeller set collar to try and expand the collar threads from the set screw threads. I have had much success using a 20v impact driver to get the crew turning but dont strip the head. If you have a stripped head you can always drill out the set screw and start a new.
  3. skibladerj

skibladerj Member

Loc:
    North of Scranton
    Perfect when i get home from work i will get you the numbers. Sorry about the terminology as well.

Cheers!
  4. skibladerj

skibladerj Member

Loc:
    North of Scranton
    check your PM
  5. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    done you check yours