1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Exhaust blower questions

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by hyfire, Sep 26, 2013.

1. hyfire

hyfire Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Ont, Canada
    Smoke smell from exh blower area, is this possible?
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hyfire

hyfire Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Ont, Canada
    I could see may a NEG pressure in the center front of the fan blade, but on the back maybe not? Need some experts to chime in...
  3. hyfire

hyfire Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Ont, Canada
    Looking closer at this design its positive pressure at the shaft, so some leakage is going to happen.
  4. midfielder

midfielder Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NH
    Seems like it should draw around the shaft. But, it's push from there out, so pipe joints have to be tight. Most are like that. I removed my blower (for noise reasons) from the stove and put a custom unit on the top of my stack. Draw's all the way back to the OAK input now.
  5. hyfire

hyfire Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Ont, Canada
    Well I was looking at it and the heat exchanger air box is divided the input side and the output side, the shaft is exiting on the postive pressure side. Come to think of it If it was made to the motor sit on the suction side then it would draw in. Certain stoves maybe that way..I;'m not sure. You have a good idea.. that thing must really suck...........pics?
  6. midfielder

midfielder Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NH
    Haha - suck it does. It can even do a decent impression of the leaf blower trick if I crank it,. lol. There's a good solid state control on it and between that and the draft butterfly, I have pretty good control of airflow through the stove...