Exhaust Blower To The Simpson Duravent Pipe Gap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvick29

Nov 20, 2008
SW Pennsylvania
I did something dumb and just realized to today. I sealed all of my joins on my simpson duravent pipe with black high temp silicone. I have an Englander BTW. I also sealed around the exhaust motorwhere it goes into the pipe. Now I realize that is dumb because Im going to have to remove it to clean the exhaust motor. Has anyone else sealed around there or is the a collar that fits tight to that? Mine seems to have a large gap around there. Or should I let that gap go because the draft sucks the smoke out?

I sealed around the adaptor (lots) that connects right next to the stove outlet. Is that what you are talking about?

If there is no pipe on the stove, you just have the exhaust blower motor pipe sticking out. When I put the pipe over top of the exhaust motor pipe there is a significant gap between the exhaut motor pipe and the innner wall of the duravent pipe..Do I seal around there and chip it off to remove the motor every year, clean it and then reseal?

Quite a gap on mine also, goop it on. And yes, will have to probably use a utility knife to get it off in the spring to clean.

That sucks. You think they would make those pipes match a little better. I thought I was missing a piece hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.