exhaust blowers and pets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoveguy2esw

Minister of Fire
Nov 14, 2006
madison hgts. va
had a call this morning from a fellow who has gone through several exhaust blowers in a short time, being diligent instead of just selling him the replacement i went to see if i could figure out his issue thinking an operational or maintenance issue, guy already knew his issue though, seems he has 2 male dogs in the house.

yeah, they are marking his stove and messing up his outer bearing on the motor.

Most dogs I've seen are content with just laying in frot of the stove. I guess the exhaust blower isn't wired like an electric fence.

Most dogs I've seen are content with just laying in frot of the stove. I guess the exhaust blower isn't wired like an electric fence.

yeah, but in a lot of cases if you have 2 males in the same house they will take turns marking, especially if they arent "fixed" im fortunate as mine dont do this inside, but when they get let out they run around chasing each other from point to point marking stuff.

dogs ive had that were fixed generally didnt have any interest in this practice, i guess since they arent advertising for mates

Now that's disgusting...glad we have 2 females!

You guys don't have to worry about us cats...........we use the litter box .MEEEEEEOW.:cool:

I would be telling the customer the stoves warranty is voided.

Last edited:
That would happen just one time and they would be off the the vet for de-beaning! I have an intact male golden and I'm puppy sitting one of his kids, a 14 month old boy who is also intact. Thank God neither one has even thought of that! Hell, I have never even thought of that! I can only imagine the smell!

One of my labs became naughty at age 4. Our vet didn't thick neutering would change his new bad habit. Another vet said this would calm him down and discourage that behavior. He has an outstanding bloodline and I had hope to let him breed. But this behavior had to stop. We had him fixed. He stopped his bad habit. But he got very fat and now has a hard time on stairs. We have him on a diet, but it doesn't seem to do much. Can't imagine being asked to work on a stove covered with pee. The owner should clean everything he can access before you are expected to work on it.

Fortunately I think Mike was concerned about why so many motors and not that he had been asked to fix the stove if I interpreted his post correctly.

Fortunately I think Mike was concerned about why so many motors and not that he had been asked to fix the stove if I interpreted his post correctly.

you are correct sir. no , i had not a threat of having to do that. customer was outside of warranty anyway coulda gave him scotts number(right neck of the woods);lol scott would have call me with :mad: after getting ;sick so i just sold him a new blower and recommended getting his dogs fixed as they would probably quit pizzing on his pellet stove (dogsectomy is probably cheaper than a new blower every time bowser decides to mark his territory);)

Reactions: save$
I pee around my pellets to let other pigs know not to go near....but not the stove
If you are the only one that "has to" go near those pellets, then I guess that is ok. But I hear that peeing around doesn't work, it only adds fertilizer to the ground. Just don't slip in it, ugh......

Status
Not open for further replies.