Exhaust fan on Napoleon NPI-40 making a noise.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hnkstang50 said:
j-takeman said:
hnkstang50 said:
Wow that's awesome. I don't know how I haven't come across that in all my searching. Seems like that would do the trick. Do you know how I would go about getting a direct replacmet for my room air blower.

Unfortunately, No. I don't have any numbers from these blowers to play around with. I see you have a thread posted on this. Maybe Mike H. has some info for you.

Did you save any of the old blowers that you swapped out?

Yea. I sent one back. I took one apart and one is still together. I'm hoping Mike can help. This noise is so frustrating.

A hint perhaps if you gave those numbers to Jay maybe he could find something sorta like, maybe.

When I called Fasco a while ago they stated there was NO replacement for the blower I have. Maybe the specific person I spoke with was incorrect. I've found no c-shape or open type replacement anywhere. I haven't used the stove until a couple of weeks ago when I paid for oil again and said screw it I'll suffer through the noise. If I twiddle with the blower control I can sometimes catch it at a point where it is much less noisy. However, this is a royal pain in the arse toying with a sweet spot...still loud. I'll call Fasco again this coming week. The other possible replacement (for me) I figured to not bother with. It wasn't one of the c-shape / open style and I refuse to order 1 of these (or more) normal blowers every year. I just want to find 1 replacement that will definitely resolve the issue and be done with all this crap. Thanks folks for all your efforts to date.
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.