Exhaust Liner Adapter help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PutnamJct

Feeling the Heat
Hey All,
I am doing a full flex pipe reline and ran into a snag.
Original exhaust was 3" and I am going to 4". Nothing that came in my reline kit is even remotely close to fitting, they are all way too big in diameter on the stove end. I have to use the original Quadrafire flange to connect to back of stove.
I found this at home depot:
http://eandata.com/lookup/0050206925522/
Picture here:
0050206925522.jpg

It is 26 gauge galvanized steel and would fit perfectly, however I do not know if I can use this for pellet exhaust.
Thoughts?
Thanks,
John

I would not use this galvanized adapter as it will cause bi-metallic electrolysis. Others have taken the piece that will work to your local exhaust system shop and have it fabricated. I am surprised Quad doesn't offer an adapter. Good luck!

Your right. Mine too. Call them and asked them.

I saw that one, but what's odd is my clamps are on the stove, the one in this link has them on the flange......weird

This is what I am trying to connect 4" pipe to:
510-5330-2T.jpg

The diameter of this is slightly less then 3"

Status
Not open for further replies.