Exhaust Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rayttt

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2008
poconos pa
I have been reading through these forums to help me decide which
pellet stove I would like to get.
Right now it looks like I'm going to get a Harman P38.
I have a small house (probably 700 to 900 sqft).

The place I would like to install it is near a corner in my kitchen. The wall clearance and place I am going to put it will
probably make me have to put in 2 45 degree corners because I cant go straight out through the wall, as there is a connecting wall from my garage.
How much will these corners ect affect my operation?
(for this winter I will probably just use a direct vent terminated at the wall, and this summer I would like to replace it when its warmer with a 3 to 6 foot upwards pipe and T )

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 364
The 2 45s won't affect the stove that much. How long is the wall until the door? Would it be possible to rotate the stove 45 deg so that it is a corner install? It might look nicer and blow the heat better into the room. Then it's only one elbow out.

Are you sure you want direct out? How close will it be to the nearest wall? You are likely to get some nasty sooting this way. And if there is a power outage while the stove is burning, it will not have any natural draft for the smoke. It will only take another 30-45 minutes to install the vertical run. Might as well do it right all the way.

If you can, post a picture of the exterior wall where this is exiting.

If I turn the stove 45 then it would blow into the opposite wall and refridgerator, but if I leave it straight it will blow into the living room from there.
To do the stove pipe upwards I will have to go thru the roof, and I didnt want to try to do that this time of year with the ice and snow etc on the roof, but it may not be as bad as it sounds. Ill have to wait untill I get the stove (hopefully b4 the end of the week) and get the pipes etc I need then and see how ambitious I am and how much help Ill have at the time.

The distance from the door to the wall where its going is 41 inchs

Status
Not open for further replies.