Exotic saw.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an 'old timer' in this area that uses one of those to buck up his fire wood. I have seen it in operation and it is a dangerous machine, but man can it rip through some fire wood in a hurry.

I saw this same listing on CL while looking for tractors. I just shook my head and said "That has to be one of the most dangerous things I have ever seen!" I think there was a thread here a while back talking about these types of "buzz" saws... I think I still prefer my chainsaw.

Hunter

It may be dangerous by todays standards but back in the 30/40's if you had a farm with belt driven accessories tht was a good thing. My old H model tractor had a 6" wheel off the side of the engine that powered belt driven equipment like this. My old timer neighbor said that many small farmers would get together buy different pieces of belt driven devices and swap them out amongst one another.

The farmer that had that saw probably cut lumber up for sale between farming ops to sell for cash money which was always in short supply on those old family farms.

Status
Not open for further replies.