Expansion Tank position

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2013
The importer of the used Tarm Excel 2000 I'm installing recommends placing the expansion tank on the boiler return line in between position 3 of the Termovar tempering valve and a circulating pump as in this diagram:

IMG_4971-1.JPG

Can anyone think of a reason why I can't just hang the expansion tank from the air eliminator in the usual way?

The importer of the used Tarm Excel 2000 I'm installing recommends placing the expansion tank on the boiler return line in between position 3 of the Termovar tempering valve and a circulating pump as in this diagram:

View attachment 144753

Can anyone think of a reason why I can't just hang the expansion tank from the air eliminator in the usual way?
==============================================================================================

I cant think of reason why you cannot as they do not have an air scoop there.

My bladder tank and air scoop are on the pressure side of the system not the return.

You can pipe it in anywhere in the system and it will work.

It's just that it will work better where the dealer recommends, on the 'suction' side of the circulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.