Expansion Tank

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck172

Minister of Fire
Apr 24, 2008
Sussex County, NJ
I'm waiting for my Amtrol Sx-160V to arrive. I've read here that it should be piped on the suction side near the circulatior pump. I have three pumps. Any problem with tee'ing it in before the pump going to the 500 gallon pressurized storage?

chuck172 said:
I'm waiting for my Amtrol Sx-160V to arrive. I've read here that it should be piped on the suction side near the circulatior pump. I have three pumps. Any problem with tee'ing it in before the pump going to the 500 gallon pressurized storage?

It should be connected to the suction side of the pump dealing with the worst pumping situation (head loss), thus ensuring that the pump is starting from zero pressure. Typically, that means the pump feeding the heating zones.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.