Experience in woodburning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modo

Nov 28, 2010
midwest
Ok, folks. What is the funniest, or most ignorant thing you have done as a woodburner from the time that you started burning wood until now that you can laugh about now? In other words, you were mad as h*** at yourself for doing at the time, but gained some expierence and can laugh at now.

When I was six years old and gained a new chore. That was cleaning ashes from our 3 wood burning stoves. I didn't mind the job and just tackled it to get it done; after all, they will be proud of me. However, I had not yet learned (but did really fast) how to empty ashes. I just got a shovel full and dumped it into the bucket. Then when finished and had taken the ashes out to dump them I came back into the house feeling proud of myself. But, mother didn't seem at all pleased. That was my first lesson in how to handle ashes because I then had to dust the entire house and sweep the floors and then clean the windows. All from my excitement in being able to help. I guess they thought I had watched enough times to know how to handle that task. Well, I learned fast that day and never again made a mess with ash dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.