Experience with a Briggs 30470 generator?

mywaynow Posted By mywaynow, Sep 19, 2012 at 7:18 AM

1. mywaynow

mywaynow
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 13, 2010
    Loc:
    Northeast
    Has anyone else used this or know of any issues? I plan to backfeed the house panel via the 220 output for limited use during power outages and on site work. Has good reviews overall, but hoping somebody else has this.

2. semipro

semipro
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 12, 2009
    Loc:
    SW Virginia
    Where is it made? I don't know that model specifically but know that during our recent extended power outage retailers saw many defective Chinese-built generators returned.

3. Highbeam

Highbeam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2006
    Loc:
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    Got a link? Briggs made some crap a long time ago but I am no longer afraid of using their stuff.

4. MasterMech

MasterMech
    Guest 2.
    NULL

No Idle Control on that one, that's something I really like for on-site work or for just running the fridge/freezer overnight. Saves a bunch of fuel.

5. Highbeam

Highbeam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2006
    Loc:
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/tools/generators/portable/7000w-briggs-stratton-elite-series-portable-generator?utm_source=google_pr&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Portable-Generators-google_pr&infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=CJrSkejMxLICFal7QgodZlUA-w

Here you go. That's a 7000 watt monster.Rated to only run 9 hours on 7 gallons of gas at 50% load. Think about that, if you want to run it for one day it'll take over 20 gallons of fuel. It'll be loud and thirsty.

I would opt for a Champion Power Equipment model if all you're looking for is a portable high watt genset.