Experience with mesh style combusters from stovecombusters.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northcountry

Apr 12, 2007
Maryland near PA
About two years ago, I saved a hundred bucks by getting two 7" combustors that, instead of a honeycomb pattern, were a sort of fibrous mesh, about and inch wide instead of the 2" of the original combustor.
This was my first experience using a combustor, so I am still not sure whether performance is what I should expect.
I will say, that despite what I've read, I rarely have had a burn where the smoke from the chimney was nearly imperceptible, and I've run it plenty hot before engaging the combustor. Given the position of the combustor in the stove, I can never tell if it's glowing or not.
I'm thinking I should plunk down the $$ for a real pair of 2" wide 7" honeycomb style combustors.
My stove is an old (late 80s) Silent Flame, that is in pretty good shape.

Would appreciate any feedback regarding these combustors, and if anyone has experience with Silent Flame stoves (From N.C.) that would be great also.

Status
Not open for further replies.