Experiences with Northline Express pretty good?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tickbitty

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2008
VA
I know some folks on here order from Northline a fair amount, can anyone comment on their experience?
I ordered some stuff from them over a week ago, and checked today to see if it would be here soon, and found it has not yet been shipped, they estimate by the end of next week. Is that normal/typical, because it seems kinda slow to me. I am used to Amazon or whomever that gets stuff out right away, but perhaps that's not realistic in dealing with other companies. I am not exactly complaining, I just wondered if their stuff typically takes this long.

I've looked at stuff from them but never ordered from them. Ordered a brush from Rockford Supply on Wednesday and it came today, Friday. The guy on the phone who took my order was very interested in wood burning. Not a bad experience at all!

Herbster

Northline Express is top notch as far as my dealings with them go. I have ordered form them 5 times over the last 4 years. Always fast service and the best packaging of all the online retailers I buy from. Once 1 item was on back order. They did not bill my credit card until they shipped it a couple weeks after I received everything else.

I ordered there four times in the past few months. They have top notch CUSTOMER SERVICE. I ordered a Red 3Qt. John Wright Steamer that was back ordered. Three weeks after receiving it, it chipped somehow, no fault of my own. They sent a brand new out to us immediately. Any problem or concern we have, they've gone out of their way to help us. I got our glass cleaner, hearth tools, gloves, trinket, and steamer from there. No regrets! Free shipping over $100 and they WILL MATCH PRICES. You won't be disappointed. I also checked frequently on Order Status too.

I ordered a Fiskar Axe from Amazon, so I'll see how Amazon compares...

Good company, +2 on the "top-notch" customer service. Pricing on some things isn't the best however, (fatwood for instance). If your buying branded items, that you know what they are, from a quality standpoint, no problem. I bought a leather log carrier that looked really nice online, appeared to be a very "rich" looking brown color of leather. Damn thing showed up and it was bright orange and very thin leather, not what I was expecting for $3x.00.

Good company, +2 on the "top-notch" customer service. Pricing on some things isn't that best however, (fatwood for instance). If your buying branded items, that you know what they are, no problem. I bought a leather log carrier that looked really nice online, appeared to be a very "rich" looking brown color of leather. Damn thing showed up and it was bright orange and very poor quality of leather.

I have used them in the past and most likely will in the future. Although I have gotten a couple of items that were different then what was pictured, they were all suitable for my needs and I kept them.

Good company. Sent me the wrong length hearth tool and emailed them the mistake. They promptly sent out the correct one, and then later, sent me a return UPS label to send the incorrect one back. No hassels.

Hmmm . . . I think I've ordered two or three times from them . . . items were shipped out quickly (received that week or early the next week), prices were fair, items were decently made and shipping was good. I would order from them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.