Explain LFF and LBA Englander 55-SHP10

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pberardi

Feb 21, 2015
Schwenksville, PA
I need some help here guys. I have been reading on here for about 2 hours. I called englander the other day and asked them a few questions I had since i bought my stove about a week ago. I love the thing honestly, Switched the stove to "c" mode thanks to you guys and now my house is 70 degrees and comfortable. Girlfriend loves it so im happy i guess right? Here is the questions....

Can someone please explain these LFF and LBA settings to me? I know LFF= Feed and LBA=Air. So its basically and air fuel mixture... Im trying to figure out a few things -

Do i need to shut the unit down completely to change this?
What is the ideal setting for Under 20 degrees in a old drafty Victorian?
What is the ideal setting for above 20 degrees in a old drafty victorian?
I have a ton of donut like ash around the burn pot. It looks like a honey comb. and the glass gets kinda sooty. I feel like its not burning completely tho it does crumble in your hands when you touch it. I am going through a bag of pellets in about 10 hours. though it is 2 degrees here over night and 22 during the day.

Any help would be great!

LFF and LFA fine tune the fuel and air. No, you don't have to shut down to change. Every house will be different on settings, my house is very well insulated and my settings are 1-5-1. Yours may be best at the factory 6-4-1. The ash is normal, I have a metal, long handle spatula that I use to clean the ash out while leaving the embers. I do this a couple times a day, and shut down and clean once a week.

I vacuum the visible ash and scrape burn pot twice a week. Other than the monthly and annual maintenance... that's about it.

How long until you get this "donut ash"?

I cant picture donut, the "cake" reference Ive heard, and understand- thats what Im getting, big poofy ash cakes...

This is a poor picture since its so bright. but that is pretty deep. The red cherry pellets are about 3/4 of the wa out. the new pellets just keep dumping ontop of them. and then the ash will build up at the end eventually smothering it down so low. right now i am running a thermostat and have it set to 70 i let it run all day when im gone. im running it at 9-9 and 4-6-1. i clean it out once per day, OAK installed and under 3ft. my exhast pipe is out the wall, up 3 ft and 45 turn down.

20150225_180759.jpg

I see now! So your worried maybe its feeding too much? Id take a pic, but you have a blast furnace compared to mine. Running 1-2 right now... I want to say I remember something about the stat causing "confusion" with the board. This really sounds familair...... Maybe try lowering the feed rate one setting and see if it improves combustion?

I guess the problem with the thermostat is the back needs to be switched baseboard. Im worried that if i lower the feed rate any lower it wont keep this house where i need to.....Then the other thing is the LFF and LFA dosent work above 3Feed-3air...im hoping someone else will chime in.

Anticipator shouldnt have any bearing on stove operation, all it should do is lower stove heat setting at desired room temp, and bring it back up when room temp drops below desired setpoint. Like a switch between Lo fire and Hi fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.