Exterior Chimney Chase Noisy in Wind

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wallpaper79

Jul 23, 2008
NL Canada
Anyone here have a exterior chimney chase that was noisy. I have an A frame house. The class A chimney runs up the from of the house about 8 feet to the left of the peak. I chased the class A just for looks. Problem is we live in an area that gets alot of wind, and the bloody thing is always roaring. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Taking it off is not an option...I covered it in faux stone which wasn't overly cheap.

Thanks

What is making the noise? Is the noise heard in the flue or is something on the chase making noise? Could be a loose chase cover, or wind screaming through the cap? Is the flue secured to the chase cover? It could be wobbling in the hole if it's not secured.

Status
Not open for further replies.