Extra floor suuport or not?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletizer

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Pellet County N.H.
I am installing a Engalnder 25-PDVC at about 300 lbs on 2" blue stone, weight unsure maybe 100 to 150 lbs so I figure max 500 lbs.
Location is in a 1st floor corner and floor is 2 x 10 studs 3/4 plywood 1/2 Maple hardwood floor.
6.5 feet out in the basement from the corner is the 2x4 back wall of a finished basement room and the studs for this wall extend from the basement floor to the 2 x 10 studs and provides extra floor support.
Question is do I need extra suport for my stove and floor hearth considering the corner location and the 6.5 ft distance to the basement finished supporting wall I don't think so but would like some thoughts?

Not if the stone is perfectly flat, the hearth will spread the weight evenly.

Invite 6 healthy adults over and have them cluster together where the stove's gonna sit. That's at the very least 900 pounds. If they don't fall through into the basement, you should be fine. (I don't think you'll have any problem). Rick

Had many healthy adults in the house last night floor held up good no cave ins but I bet lots of unhealthy adults paying the price form bahama mama's today.
Got to get going on this install fall will be here soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.