extra long sawzall blades?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iron

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2015
southeast kootenays
anyone know of a sawzall blade longer than 12"? i need one that's probably closer to 14"-15" to get rid of a squeak in my stair stringers (i just need to cut some material away so it stops rubbing). in doing this, the blade will be nearly fully supported along the flimsy edge, so i don't think the extra length would cause it to bend.

not sure if you could take 2 blades and butt weld them together....

the longest one I have is a 12" diablo blade, dont think they come any longer than that. Don't see why you couldn't weld 2 together if you had too

Would it be easier to pop up the stair and then remove the material? I can just envision the blade catching, bending and scratching something you don't want scratched.

Maybe you could find a broken bandsaw blade and install a stiffener on the back edge. Grind down the end to fit into your recip saw.

You might also be able to mod a hacksaw or other type of blade to fit in your recip saw.

Reactions: jb6l6gc
Status
Not open for further replies.