Extremely high flames

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kskingking

Oct 27, 2008
maryland
The flames in my Harman Accentra-2 are burning extremely high. I have tried placing the feed rate as low as 1 and as high as 4. I am also getting a poor or incomplete combustion code on the control board status indicator. Does anyone have an idea how to reduce the height of the flames? I believe this is the root cause of my status light condition.

Is this a new stove? It seems you may have a draft problem. Check the air intake
flapper behind the back stove panel and make sure it is free to open. Also, was this stove draft
tested by the installer?

This is a new stove. I just checked the flapper and it is moving freely. there was a month and a half wait to get it installed, so I did it myself. There was no draft reading taken. I read about this in the book and currently have the adjustment stem fully counter clock wise.

Did you use three or four inch pipe for the flue pipe? How long is the flue pipe run
including tee's, 90's, etc...? Do you have an outside air hook up? If so, how long is that run,
also including fittings? Also, why did you adjust the "low draft" potentiometer fully counter-clockwise
without a manometer???

the feed rate and blower potentiometers are front panel contols...
its not the low draft adjustment

I managed to find the problem. I checked my flapper like someone suggested, and it was free, but I have have the outside air kit for the 18inch min clearance to windows/doors and there was insulation in the way at that point. So, even though my flapper was free it was like it wasn't because of the choke point going through the wall. It is now clear and the flames are burning where they should. Thanks for all the help. You kept me on the target long enough to find the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.