Extremely Rare Sighting on hwy 401 Near Belleville Ontario

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donl

Feeling the Heat
Nov 23, 2007
Ontario
I was driving back home from Toronto yesterday on the 401 when a transport truck with Connecticut plates passed me. He was carrying 25 old used 500 gallon propane tanks. I didn't recognize the different names on the tanks, so I am assuming someone here is importing them from the U.S. I wonder what they will be used for?

Re-certification or scrap is my guess.

TS

Re-certification or scrap is my guess.

TS
I spoke with a local propane company and they told me that their old tanks are scraped and they didn't know of any propane tanks being re-furbed in Canada. I don't see the point of hauling these tanks to Canada for scrap.

I may be wrong but I suspect that someone has brought them into Canada to re-purpose them. A while back I heard that a company in Brockville was cleaning up old propane tanks and selling them for boiler water storage.

I'll look into this further because I know how difficult it is for guys up here to get the hands on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.