F3CB lost its MOJO - How to replace the Secondary Air Distributor inside the stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocksnap

Dec 2, 2008
North Central CT
I have a F3CB built in 1998 which I bought used recently. When I first bought it all worked great! Really nice secondary burn... Now, the secondary burn is gone. There also seems to be too much flame at the rear of the stove (possible air leak somewhere back there?).

The cause of this, I belive, is that the secondary burn distributer had finally delaminated. Sections of it have flaked off. Is this a common thing to happen? What does it take to change this out? Should I replace the Baffle Plate, left/right Burnplates while I am in there?

I have replaced the main and ash door gaskets. The window gasket needs to be replaced too soon as I order one along with the other part(s).

Thanks all...

This is the first time I've read about the manifold failing, but I'm sure it can happen. Was the stove kept in a particularly damp area? Does it look like the manifold rusted out?

Some pictures would be really helpful here. It's hard to judge the condition of the side and rear plates. Do they look warped, cracked or rusted through?

First thing to do is replace the small gasket in the upper left back of the firebox between the baffle and the secondary air inlet in the back casting of the stove. If is small and fragile.

Status
Not open for further replies.