F500 Oslo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
Heres my F500 Oslo I put in last year.It replaced my tired old Russo.
It's in my family room that has an 18ft vaulted ceiling (see other post).I picked it up in the fall 2004 new for $1,399.00
It can heat 70 % of my house....so far this year from August05 to Feb06 I have burned 132 gallons of oil.
and just about 3 cords of wood.The stove paid for itself last winter where I only used 186 gallons of oil and all the wood I picked up for free................Burn wood it saves $$$$$$$$$$$$

Attachments

• OSLO_01.jpg
    OSLO_01.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 857
Heres the 15 feet of Selkirk pipe......the Metalbestos HT Type II starts 3 feet before ceiling......

Attachments

• OSLO_02.jpg
    OSLO_02.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 800
Nice install
You get a TON of heat with all that singlewall pipe too

I bet that sucker drafts like a Supercharger

its selkirk double wall (6 inch form combustables) all the way up to the HT Metalbestos ....but yeah, compared to running the old stove in the basement of my parents place......It is one supercharged draft......
If anyone is interested heres a shot inside the prefabbed chimney my Uncle and I built on the roof.

Attachments

• selkirk.jpg
    selkirk.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 678
Between the clearance of the Beam, the wall behind...and the new laws (especially Carbon monoxcide) Had to use double wall.The draft is not really insane or out of control...its just super easy to light fires.....
especially on cold days and really damp ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.