F600 air control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumaz

Jul 23, 2008
NW CT
So I pulled the cover off to inspect the air control. Is the thin metal plate supposed to be in there? It has a hole in it the size of a penny. It seems no air could get through there. I think it's called a throttle plate? Should I leave that out? It seems tons of air would get through without it. strange.... thanks!

I went to Jotul's website and am looking at the exploded diagram and parts list right now of the F600.

# 34 on the parts list is called the "air valve" It is the slide plate that has 2 rectangular holes in it and slides over the base which has 3 rectangular holes in it.

# 85 on the parts list is called the "air restrictor" and appears to be the thin metal plate with the penny sized hole in it you refer to.

So my guess is part #85 is supposed to be in there. If you don't get your answer I'd say a call to the dealer is in order.

leave it in it is needs to be in the stove. you may not be able to control the burn the way you want it may also have short burn times it you remove it.

thanks for the input. I figured it was there for a reason

I might have missed a prior post - been out and about for a few days. What's up with your air control on the Big 6? The ol' sticky handle syndrome, or what? Just curious as a fellow Big Sixer - might be able to trade a war story or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.