F600 Jotul install and breakin fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCounty

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2009
Southeast PA
Finally installed the F600 after it was sitting on the hearth since May. The liner was a bit of a pita. 6 inch flex going down a 7X13 20 ft flue. Had to use 2 adjustable 90s to get to the stove. Secure everything with screws and on spot where the T cleanout met with one of the 90s, the fit was not as snug as I would have liked, so I used a little cement. Did a match test around all fittings, and everything was great! Put a lot of roxul in there and then rested a block off plate.

I am pumped and ready for the cold. Had first break in fire and got her to 200 degrees and she is beautiful!!! Will have a 2nd today and final tomorrow. (and the ash door was open for only a few second to get her going)

Oh yeah, and just found out the wife is pregnant with our second child!!! Great days!

001%2520%25282%2529.jpg

002%2520%25282%2529.jpg

007%2520%25282%2529.jpg

012%2520%25282%2529.jpg

009%2520%25283%2529.jpg

Congrats!!! Everything looks fantastic!!!

Looks great! Had mine put in 2 weeks ago and love it. You going to use the side door? I have been and it is so much easier than the front one. Love I can fit a 24" split in it. Ran it last night from about 5-9:30pm. Got up this morning and the living room is still at 74 and the upstairs is at 72. BYE BYE HEATING BILL! Congrats again.

I plan on using the side door to load it. It really seems like a deep stove but maybe that is from the different view on the side? Either way, I can't wait to really get her going.

The stove is a monster! I am just burning in my new F600 and even though I knew the size of the firebox, it did not really hit me until I started the small burn in fires just how much more room there was in there. Just like you, I cannot wait to feed that thing full and letting her run at full throttle.

I, too, will use the side door to load the fire. That was one of the primary reasons I went with this stove.

Enjoy!

That is one beautiful stove.

Happy burning,
Bill

Congrats on a beautiful stove and hearth! Congrats on the new little one in your future too!!

Ray

Very nice looking stove and fire, enjoy the warmth this winter.

Love the install, stove, and hearth - all very beautiful - nice work! Congrats on the new baby! Wish we could have one more, but 3 will be it! Cheers!

Really liking the hearth -- the stonework and the nook for storing the day's firewood . . . of course the F-600 is pretty sharp as well.

Congrats on the baby on the way . . . I assume someone has told you how this sort of thing happens, right? ;) :)

That is a great looking set-up youve got there! Well done!

great looking install! be careful even with limited use of the ashpan to get a fire going though. you could crack the baseplate. enjoy your winter warmth this year!

Great shot of you and your little one! Train him early "hot hot'. Congrats on your news and enjoy the heat from that monster this winter.

Very nice install. We still love our F600--it has made life as we know it possible.

Congratulations on the new baby too.

Status
Not open for further replies.