Fahrenheit Technologies Model 50F

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Feeling the Heat
Feb 14, 2014
South West Wisconsin
I'm looking at a Fahrenheit Technologies Model 50F Bio Furnace/Stove. Seller bought new 11/9/08.

Any thing in particular I should check on the stove? Looking to upgrade my St Croix so this would be a basement dweller.

Attachments

• Fght.jpg
    Fght.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 318
Did a quick search here and in the Boiler room (wood furnaces/boilers but some of the guys that own pellet furnaces are found there) - Big zero on postings:(

Try searching Fahrenheit Technologies - some threads show up with that

They are located up north of me. Far as I know, their earlier offerings aren't as advanced internally as the latest ones. I, for one have never been a fan of auto ignition. Just another component to expire at some point.

It has manual ignition, not fun..other wise it has good specs.

I downloaded the install manual and at least the newer ones have auto ignition, I realize that some upgrades were made however I don't know exactly what years that happened, Also things look good on the internet and sometimes it doesn't work as well as advertized.
Was hoping that someone had some real experience with this unit, Looking for a better system for pot cleaning and auto ignition in the shoulder season. Not real keen on the drop the bottom pot cleaning and manual light system on the St Croix.
The pot cleaning works well on the St Croix when burning Pellets but not so good for Corn. The clinker sticks in the pot and won't fall out so you end up lighting it 2 times a day. Other than that I like the St Croix.

If I remember correctly these got decent reviews on the old corn burner site. Customer service was good too. One of the owners helped on that site. Not sure if they lurk here.

You mean on JA's site, IBC? I don't remember them being a prescence there. Maybe Rona or Kap or Bio does, but I do not.

I thought someone here had a 50F. It was on the short list of my used pellet furnaces search but I stopped looking for one when I picked up my Revolution. I had looked at the St Croix SCF 050 and it looked like it needed too much attention to work at my house. The Endurance 50F looked like a good unit.

Small world. I actually purchased the stove that the OP was asking about. Can I ask why you decided not to purchase this stove?

The seller dropped the price to $800 and that included the extended hopper and diffuser.

I installed it a couple of weeks ago using Duravent PelletVent Pro and it seems to be running fairly well. I don't think the dude ever cleaned it before, as the exhaust ports were almost plugged shut. It puts out a ton of heat and last night kept my finished basement at a balmy 84 and my main level upstairs at 72 on the medium (3) heat level. I am also using the NEST thermostat to run the furnace fan for 30 minutes every hour to circulate the air in the house.

Mainly because it didn't have auto ignition.

Status
Not open for further replies.