Fair Market Value for Thelin Parlor Pellet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgambuzza

Mar 12, 2006
Syracuse, NY
I am going to be selling my Thelin Parlor Pellet and was wondering what ballpark price I should advertise it for. It is Porcelain Red, non electronic ignition, nickel trim, all original documentation, CD, backup power wiring kit, and has only been used for 1 season. New this stove sells for about $3200. The stove is in excellent condition - I simply replaced it with a Harman P61A.

current retail is $2843.
A dealer would sell it for about 25% off. That might be hard to do as dircect sell to a customer. I would ask in the $2000 range. The problem is it wont have a warrenty, if a dealer sold it used, the dealer should be able to take care of that stove for some time after the purchase. If you sell it, its as is and no warrenty. that hurts the resale.

It's also somewhat of a stylish stove. Not the typical box that the mass markets have become accustomed to seeing. This limits the market and makes the drop in price to resell a bigger one. Just imagine a bright orange pickup. If you like orange that's great but the price will be lower because it's weird. Initial purchase price is only one factor.

I find them quite attractive and very unique.

Half of new.

Status
Not open for further replies.