Fair Price for an Eco Choice PS50?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcy

May 23, 2014
Central PA
Hi. I hope it's ok to post this here. I buy and sell houses for a living and just bought one with this pellet stove in it. I'd like to sell the stove but don't know what a fair price would be to ask for it. This forum seems to have some very educated pellet stove owners. The stove seems to be in excellent condition and very we'll maintained. The purchase date on the receipt I found was November 2011. It was professionally installed and has everything needed to go with it including the base, wall board, and thru wall vent. I'd like to put it on Craigslist. Any opinions on what I should ask would be much appreciated. I can get any further info you might possibly need. Thanks in advance.

Hi Marcy hard to price without seeing what the floor and wall protection and venting consists of... the stove should sell used if working normally around 800-1000 (new now that stove is about MSRP !850). If its a ceramic hearth pad and normal up and out venting, prob another 200 or so. That PS50 is a 50K but heater, should heat nicely around 1200-1800 sqft. Hope this helps.

Hi Marcy hard to price without seeing what the floor and wall protection and venting consists of... the stove should sell used if working normally around 800-1000 (new now that stove is about MSRP !850). If its a ceramic hearth pad and normal up and out venting, prob another 200 or so. That PS50 is a 50K but heater, should heat nicely around 1200-1800 sqft. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am attaching some photos.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 153
I can remember what I exactly paid for mine used (think it was 900?) from C/L, it was cleaned up and ready to go + came with 5 bags of unused pellets to try

Status
Not open for further replies.