Fair Price for Harman Accentra Pellet Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appliance adapter may still be attached to the back of the Accentra. For our termination cap, we have a "turbo" cap which is conical in shape and has an interior screen that keeps out most critters. You may want to think about a solid cap for when you are not using the stove - especially if your away for periods of time in cold weather. Amazing what people have found that had crawled in the venting!

We have Biovent - has the silicone gasket between sections and only requires 3 screws on joints. A bit more expensive but no hassles to assemble/disassemble. Gaskets are replaceable. http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/764374/products/Bio-Vent-Wall-Vent-Kit.html?d_id=50465 Not sure if they carry an adapter for Harman...

Too many years living with a commercial diver where the pressure is always increased;lol Is it Boyle's law, pressure and volume inversely related?
HI,don't really know boyle's law,but less pressure at higher alt.,same as high pressure for divers and mine workers.

I also have turbo caps on both my stoves, though I had to mod the one on the Duravent to make it fit. No screens though. Bad news during burn season IMO. The cap for the off season is a good idea. You can find something at a hardware store that'll work, rather than getting a dedicated cap... which will prob be rather pricy for what it is.

co
Wikipedia: A modern statement of Boyle's law is:
The absolute pressure exerted by a given mass of an ideal gas is inversely proportional to the volume it occupies if the temperature and amount of gas remain unchanged within a closed system.

It explains the bends that divers and miners can get ... and combustion changes at high altitudes!
cool stuff.Atmosphere is not an ideal gas,is not a closed system,temp lowers going up,untill you reach a median,then raises if facing heat source(sun).Air has same percentage of o2 anywhere,just spread out higher up,combustion needs same o2 anywhere,which is why the develpoment of the turbocharger invention allowed planes to fly at higher altitudes.We could have fun with this all day!

Reactions: Lake Girl
Boy, I hadn't expected so much extra "useful" information! :) Takes me right back to college physics class and SCUBA diving as a wee 20 something!

Tell me what you all think of this logic: Even though I won't necessarily need a 4" vent with my planned install, is there any harm in moving to the bigger size anyways? My thought is that if I am buying new pipe, a new thimble, and doing some reworking of the area anyways, why not just use a 4" thimble and then buy all 4" pipe? The cost can't possibly be that much more than the 3" AND it gives me the option later of putting in a vertical rise outside of the cabin if necessary for any reason in the future. I am not concerned about getting the "cheapest" install at all. I really want the "best" install for the situation.

Thanks folks!
Bill

Venting Option.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Lake Girl
Good thinking, Bill.

Ok, great. I think I shall proceed on this path until something (in the wall or otherwise) gets in my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.