Fake chimney surround

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2009
WV
Not sure what the name would be but wanted some opinions.
I'm looking at installing a 8 inch stainless chimney onto my Energy King Boiler. It will be a straight up thru the roof install with just one ceiling to get to the outside. I currently have a nice block chimney with stone overlay that will be used by the propane boiler. ( I didnt use the propane last year and hooked the energy king to this chimney)
Anyway I need a seperate flue in case I need to use propane if I am gone in the winter months

I dont really want a stainless chimney sticking up thru the roof right beside a nice rock chimeny so I'm wandering if anybody makes a surround to go around the outside chimeny that looks like fake rock

Also any ideas on how to clean a straight up install (Boiler flue opening is directly on top of boiler) that i would not be able to reach from the top

If you open up the by pass damper you should be able to sweep it right into firebox.

Status
Not open for further replies.