Fall Job

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Going through some pictures and found this cherry that is down on the side of gunner hill, it's real thick in that area so I'll make this fall job when it thins out.

Looks like I can buck this up then roll it down the hill because the trail runs the base of the hill.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2804.jpg
    100_2804.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 350
Can you winch the whole log down the hill?

SolarAndWood said:
Can you winch the whole log down the hill?

Not sure how far up the hill it is but by the looks of it I could cut it in sections and roll it down without any problems. I'll check it out this weekend depending on the weather.

If I have enough cable the old green truck needs some work, I'm sure I could drag it off the hill.

This will be the tricky one. Some good wood in this.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1092.jpg
    100_1092.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 308
  • 100_2644.jpg
    100_2644.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 297
zapny said:
Some good wood in this.
Looks like it is up off the ground nicely.

Ya, those are nice ones to cut.

Wood Heat Stoves said:
I like using gravity to move wood. All the wood on my property is down the hill and I have to get it up. No roads to drive my truck down to get it, either.

Lucky you, I just love moving wood uphill. :sick:

zap

Looks like a Nightmare to me!

smokinjay said:

What is your guess on how many cord is in that nightmare?

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

What is your guess on how many cord is in that nightmare?

zap

Mess I that better be at least TWO! :lol:

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

I'm not greedy, I'll take that. Last year we used just under four cord of cherry for the winter with some beech and maple for the overnight burns in the colder months.

Smokin how was the weather out your way.

Zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

I'm not greedy, I'll take that. Last year we used just under four cord of cherry for the winter with some beech and maple for the overnight burns in the colder months.

Smokin how was the weather out your way.

Zap

We missed most of the rain got a couple inchs, but the winds where up in the 60mph range at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.