Fall Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
It's that time of year again - any scenic beauty in your area?
Not quite time here yet, but starting.

Attachments

• fall1.jpg
    fall1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,141
Webmaster said:

Will have a picture (this weekend) from a hill on our property that over looks the town, nice picture the clouds seem to be saying get your wood stove ready.

Zap

Nice pic Craig.
Hardwoods around here are starting to look like huge flower blossoms.
I was hoping this weather would hold off until later in the month, but............

Dave

Webmaster said:
Come up to the hilltowns, lots of color.
Ed

Edit
Oh well, forget it. Most of the leaves are on the ground. Like the Red Sox, there is always next year.

We've feeling like we got cheated out of fall so far,leaves just die, no colors to speak of.
3989711949_142c23a10e.jpg

Took this yesterday while out looking for a moose that was spotted earlier in the back yard.

Some of our cherry trees did the same...but the maples are starting to look nice. I'll have to remember to take a pic or 2.

Hansson said:
Outside my window.

The cold has arrive

Beautiful pic Hansson. Buy does everyone in your town HAVE to paint their house red??? :lol:

This is what happens here in the fall. Directly under that "cotton blanket" of clouds is West Point and the Hudson River. Taken near the top of Storm King Mtn.

Attachments

• Fall fog- West point.jpg
    Fall fog- West point.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 819
Most of the maple leaves are gone now, but the oaks are just starting to get good. Here is a pic from yesterday of the Yellow River near Necedah. It earns its name this time of year with the yellow maple leaves covering it:
IMG_4446.jpg

Here are a couple from 2 days ago.

10-10-09f.gif

10-10-09k.gif

Okay, one more.

10-10-09a.gif

From the mountain state:

Attachments

• delaney 131.jpg
    delaney 131.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 720
  • fall 015.jpg
    fall 015.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 723
  • fall 018.jpg
    fall 018.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 700
sullystull said:
From the mountain state:

Beautiful, Sully! I'm up here in Wheeling. Been trying to get to your part of the state for awhile, enjoy. Used to make it to thru Thomas on the way to the sods and rocks several times a year.

Little bastid.

I love the Llama !!!!!

My trees are still green but my neighbor
across the street has one that's brightly ablaze.

Attachments

• oct18_blah.jpg
    oct18_blah.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 567
Sweat lodge surrounded by pampas grass and firewood for the stones.

Attachments

• 800X450PIC_0792.jpg
    800X450PIC_0792.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 514
Status
Not open for further replies.