Fallen trees going to waste

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in my home area, high winds for sustained periods and currently still going, are knocking down large mature trees. Town and outsourced labor is just getting if off sensitive areas as fast as they can. Unfortunately, most of it going to chipper. Wish I could roll up in my truck and take it all.

:)

Blowing like crazy over the line here in Sussex NJ too. I've got my eye peeled for new fallen trees. With work, I can't get to them until Friday. My 2010 pile needs more wood - dnag cold out. I hate to see the chippers too. If they'd just buck them and leave them road side - they'd be gone in a matter of hours.

near where I hunt in fall they have oak wilt. so there is an oak quarantine. Literally 25 feet behind the cabin is national forest. There are several oak blowdowns up there within 200 feet of the cabin but can ya get em? nooooooo. Can't take any oak even with the permit for wood gathering. Really honks me off - but not as bad as watching tree crews shred perfectly good wood :(

Which is nothing compared to 100' standing oaks that have been dead so long not one shred of bark remains. Could heat for a lifetime.

most of the county and lineman around here buck them in 16 and 20in lengths and leave them, we had a big winter storm hit last week and there is a couple of places i'am going to hit over the weekend and get stocked up for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.